Leviton 15 Amp Tamper Resistant Duplex Outlet, Light Almond
Leviton makes it easy for you to comply with the 2008 NEC mandate for TR Receptacles in all new residential housing. This requirement results from a Consumer Product Safety Commission study that documented injuries in the home caused each year by children attempting to insert foreign objects into receptacles. TR receptacles have been mandated in hospital pediatric wards for over 20-years and have proven to effectively prevent electrical injuries. As a long-time manufacturer of tamper-resistant devices, we are pleased to be at the forefront of this safety measure with an expanded product line that encompasses a wide range of TR devices in Residential and Commercial Grades.
- Shutter mechanism inside the receptacle blocks access to the contacts unless a 2-prong plug is inserted, helping ensure hairpins, keys, etc., will be locked out
- Symbol on residential receptacles assures they meet 2008 NEC requirements the 2008 NEC requirement
- Heavy-duty construction offers long, trouble-free service life
- Available in an array of colors in both Decora and traditional styles
- California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS